Through the words of others can I reflect on this life I live wherein I see so much yet little do I really understand…
- True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
Socrates (BC 469-BC 399) Greek philosopher of Athens
- The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.
Henri Bergson (1859-1941) French philosopher.
- The conscious mind may be compared to a fountain playing in the sun and falling back into the great subterranean pool of subconscious from which it rises.
Sigmund Freud (1856-1939) Austrian fhysician. Founder of Psychoanalysis
- The most important ingredient in the soup of life that makes it worthy of relish is the belief that success, greatness, happiness, joy, conquest, victory, triumph, peace and love are indeed achievable
Sesan Kareem, Pharmacists and internationally published author
- A wise woman puts a grain of sugar into everything she says to a man, and takes a grain of salt with everything he says to her.
Helen Rowland (1875-1950) American journalist and humorist.
- Wise men are not always silent, but they know when to be.
- . A wise man is he who does not grieve for the thing which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
Epictetus (50-120) Greek philosopher
- Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom.
- Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils…. Unknown
- You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.” Irish Proverb
- Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.
- We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela
- My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. Steve Jobs
- Every morning when I wake up, I make up my mind to solve as many problems before retiring home…Aliko Dangote
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to do everything, pick your lane and be the best at it…Uche Pedro, founder Bella Naija.
- Give thanks for a little and you’ll find a lot
- Your integrity is a deciding factor towards building a brand. Make sure you make straight plans
…Adenike Ogunlesi, Ruff’n’Tumble
Politics and People
- Nigeria has no business with poverty. With our human and material resources, we shall strive to eradicate poverty from our country.” ~ Olusegun Obasanjo
- “The work of Nigeria is not complete for as long as there is any one Nigerian who goes to bed on empty stomach.” ~ Ibrahim Babangida
- I don’t know any other way to live but to wake up every day, armed with my convictions, not yielding them to the threat of danger and to the power and force of people who might despise me
- There’s plenty of room at the top because very few people care to travel beyond the average route. And so, most of us seem satisfied to remain within the confines of mediocrity…Nnamdi Azikiwe
- Every word of God is pure; he is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him… Proverbs 30:5
- “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.” ― John Lennon
- “The solution to the problem of the day is the awakening of the consciousness of humanity to the divinity “
Author: Hazrat Inayat Khan
- “When the fishhook of love catches your mouth, God will begin to pull you in slowly.” –Rumi,
- You see, I was told stories, we were all told stories as kids in Nigeria. We had to tell stories that would keep one another interested, and you weren’t allowed to tell stories that everybody else knew. You had to dream up new ones.” ~ Ben Okri
- The best of a book is not the thought which it contains, but the thought which it suggests; just as the charm of music dwells not in the tones but in the echoes of our hearts. Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894) American author and poet
- If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads
…Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From the visions of idealism, comes the creativity of realism. Nations are built from the thoughts of Dreamers